22 Dec 2011

New Hobbit Trailer

So the first trailer for the new Hobbit movie has finally been released and the only thing I did not like about it was the fact that the film is not going to be released till December 2012. That is a long time to wait.






The scene where the dwarves sing 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold' is nicely done. When reading the book, I had somehow imagined this song to be a little merrier, but this solemn version really works well.

Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins
Must say that I am not sure if I am entirely happy with Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins though. Maybe this is only because I have watched the Lord of the Rings movies repeatedly on video, and grown accustomed to seeing Ian Holm in the role. But I do think that Bilbo should look a little fatter. Perhaps Freeman should have been allowed to pig out on a few more seed-cakes before they started filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment